Online shop/tip jar: http://ko-fi.com/peannlui
Freelance Illustrator; 2011 to ongoing
Digital painter for commissioned work including character designs, animation backgrounds, comic book art, private client commissions and podcast cover art.
- Podcast cover art for clients Retronauts, Stuart Gipp.
- YouTube video feature art for clients Stuart Gipp, HBomberguy, Mr J Reapers.
- Comic page art, colouring and lettering for the Creative Centenaries project via project partner The Nerve Centre (Constance Markievicz Graphic Novel, James Craig Graphic Novel).
- Tutorials and feature art for NEO Magazine.
- Lead Artist on Panacean by Oddlight Comics.
Nebula Innovatons, Drogheda; June 2015 to July 2016
Lead Artist, animator and designer for a variety of mobile and PC games.
- Graphic designer for clients requiring website graphics.
- Animated game assets and graphics for Unity engine projects.
- Assistant for industry networking events and promotion.
Jam Media Productions, Dublin; Dec 2011 to June 2012
Assistant Art Director for Baby Jake (Season 2 series, 26 episodes). Series won Best Mixed Media Children’s Award in the British Animation Awards 2014.
- Created, refined and designed props and backgrounds in Photoshop, and edited sets for animation processes based on animatics and series’ style guide.
- Applied notes on camera movement and scene frames for backgrounds, documented scene numbers in Excel spread sheets, and finished backgrounds for animators and compositors using After Effects.
Kavaleer Productions, Dublin; Jan 2011 to Apr 2011
Asset Creator for Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Science Fusion
- Edited stock photos and videos for the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Science Fusion e-learning website.
- Illustrated images and made diagrams with Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI, and used After Effects for video editing and output.
Cartoon Saloon, Kilkenny, Sept 2009
Ink and Paint for Anam an Amhráin
- Cel colourist using Animo Ink and Paint for An Puc Ar Buile, a short cartoon in the TG4 Anam an Amhráin series.
A freelance cover artist for the Retronauts podcast.
Lead artist and designer on a variety of comic book projects commissioned by the Nerve Centre in Derry.
Illustrated and wrote some art tutorials for NEO magazine, a UK magazine focused on manga, anime and gaming.
Lecturer on 2D Art for Games, Concept Art, and Sequential Art.